Q. what is martha winter doing thursday morning?

- the answers are here in a blog diary written by her granddaughter , Alayna -

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday #4 / 1-28-10

Starting with breakfast as usual. I asked her what she felt like, she said "I don't know, eggs, I always like eggs!"

Coffee for two please!

Yep, feeding Queeny! She asked me if I like bacon and if I know how to cook it. This led to what was probably really going on in her mind and nicely confiding in me to tell me that usually everyone burns it and she doesn't like it, so instead she lets Queeny eat it. So I took the tip and didn't cook it for longer than I thought! But she still gave a piece to Queeny.

Next, we practiced the written driving sample tests online. It was all multiple choice. For those of you who don't know, she had her license taken away by a doctor after she had her stroke. This is an extremely sensitive issue to her, understandably. Driving is almost like her last straw of any kind of feeling of being independent. Her car in the garage even had to be un-wired so she would not take it out. I'm not clear on all the details, but I think the doctor had told her depending on how much she improved over the next year from the stroke, her license may or may not be given back--And she wants it back! All this to say, now her license is expired and if she is ever going to get it back, she has to start from the beginning now and take all the tests. While in reality it may be visible to some of us that she may not be capable of ever driving again, there is no harm in her studying, feeling like she is taking something on that she wants, and/or realizing for herself that she cannot remember or make sense of driving rules anymore and,perhaps, blaming others less for this . Thus, we are beginning to study together...

Check out those blingn' bedazzled reading glasses:

I started making studying notes for her on all the questions she has trouble with:

The animals napping while we study:

Oh and here is Tinkerbell with her Christmas gift from cousin Emily:

Grandma showed me Tinkerbell's favorite toy in the stocking:



"um, not interested Martha.."

"Here, here, Tinkerbell.."


"She loves it.."

There we go, we got a paw up..a little magician's wand paw:


"ok, Martha, let me have it.."



Then grandma said, "ok, i'll just rest the toy on her now and let her play with it."

"oh brother"

1 comment:

Aunt Sharon said...

Thank God for pets!! Grandma loves them so. And, thank God for granddaughters! I told grandma you'd be good at driving instruction. Do you think my granddaughters will help me someday :)