Anyway, we'll start with the third Thursday that was two weeks ago. It was this Thursday that I got behind on the blog because I actually traded to take care of her for night, not the morning like I usually do, when I still have the rest of the day to blog . I was in Long Beach the day before and as some of you may know, the weather that week in Southern California, Los Angeles County especially, was WET! And I am not complaining! It was super exciting! It seems like all our rain for the year usually always comes all at once, crammed into a few days! And you know we need it! Cars were under water in some parts of Long Beach and a few friends of mine had to be moved into different apartments in their complex's due to flooding! I did not feel super safe about driving Wednesday to Murrieta, especially in the dark. So, I switched with Katy to be sure grandma had someone with her.
Next to Wilson High School in Long Beach:

Some buildings on my school campus (CSULB) were closed:

OK..so, here's the goods:
It was my first time making her dinner and I wasn't sure exactly what she had in her fridge, plus, I was hungry myself so, I picked up a few things to make a pretty yummy, healthy dinner I would normally make for me.
She was very excited and intrigued by everything I brought. If I know anything about the things she normally eats, I would dare to say her diet does not consist of very many fresh vegetables or meals made from scratch. I may be wrong, but that's the feeling I get from looking in her freezer (and if she eats the way others do in my family-(mom)-then she eats microwave, pre-made everything and "I can't believe it's not butter" spray).
It was her idea to take the photos of us prepping the meal:




Our starter salads while we wait for everything else to finish cooking!:


Getting ready to chow down! But have to do the traditional photo shots of the table lay out first!:


Where's that smile grandma? haha! She is always straight face in the first picture til' I tell her "cheese! or "picture!"


Yep, Queeny the dog is creepn' on our dinner! She knows that little plate is hers that's why! Grandma always grabs a little plate every meal, sets it next to her plate, and finely chops some of whatever the meat is from her meal for Queeny! Grandma does not even cut her own food! She was eating the asparagus like finger food! Now, I loved that she did that, but this woman bought me hardback books on manners and etiquette for Christmas when I was little! haha! I guess she has gotten wiser with the years! Life's too short to spend cutting your food or caring what people think; eat how you need to! :)

"mmm..eat your chicken Queeny!"


Grandma's favorite drink: This Mango Juice! She encourages me to drink some too whenever I pour her a glass..and it is tasty:

And out of my label looking curiosity, I found out this isn't actually juice! It's 15% juice?! And they get away with calling it juice? More like Orange Cool-aid is actually Martha's favorite drink:

Ope, and a surprise visit from my mom after she got off work! Here she is nibbling on our leftovers:

Look at these pretty women:

And watching t.v. for a minute of course on her way to the bedroom:


And before I left she put on the Christmas tree lights for me. I told her it was pretty and she said "you think so? you like it?" and she smiled and left it on:
2 comments:
Alayna, your blogs are kinda like my Christmas letters.... delayed and worth wait'n for!!! I love it! btw, the letter I sent your mom got returned last week (yeah, I know, only in America...) so I need a current addy (snail mail) for her (or you... hint hint... its a 3 year letter... see what I mean?) Anyhow, keep up the blogg'n! Love you!
What a healthy and wholesome dinner!I can tell it was delicious! I need a personal chef!! Even Queenie was excited!And, yes, the juice is fake, but grandma loves it, right? What can I say? Can't wait to see next week's blog!! Love you both!
Post a Comment