I called her 20 minutes before I was supposed to be at her house so she could feel ready to go out, put her shoes on, spray her hair, make sure she had her glasses, etc.
Here she is locking up, we went through all the keys to find the right one:

Now here she is getting in the Supra. She said "oh, it's nice to ride in my car! I use to love driving this car!":

I rolled open the sunroof for us. It was super sunny today. She said the sun looked so nice how it lit up the inside of the car.
She asked me, "now do you know how to close that thing?"
I said "yes" and showed her.
She said she was just making sure cause the first time she ever opened it she remembers it started raining and she couldn't figure out how to close it and everyone was looking at her like she was a "crazy fool."

I helped her put her seatbelt on and then we were on our way. I pulled over shortly after, however, cause i realized she hadn't shut her door all the way and i could hear that air sound. She laughed and said "oh..my, i almost could have flown away!"
We actually drove all around Temecula before we had reached the place we ended up eating at! I haven't lived here in so long I didn't realize how much had changed. I was going to take her to the Coco's and when we pulled up it was a Ruby's now. So, then I thought, ok, well, i know another place she likes, Richy's Diner! But once we got there, it was now a Bob's Big Boy! hah! I asked her if she would want to try their breakfast and she said it wasn't that great. So, after all that we found a Farmerboys, a guaranteed favorite of hers for breakfast where my mom use to take her a lot.
Here she is taking off her coat:

Waiting for our food & drinks:

Her first attempt to take my picture with my iphone:

ope, second times a charm grandma!:

Now, she was super excited about these iced lattes! She said her and my mom got them all the time together. I watched her have trouble sticking her straw thru:

But no problem, get rid of that lid! She is determined to drink that thing!:

Here is both of us together! (gosh, my neck is long! for some reason i thought i had to lean so far in the picture! hah):

Later when we got home, we relaxed and mostly looked at pictures. She had to let Queeny the dog out first though.
She was looking outside a while and said "wow, look at that.. the blow." She couldn't find the word "wind."


Thanks to emails from my Aunt Sharon (Martha's daughter) and my cousin Emily, both who live out of state, we had a good amount of recent family pictures to look at that grandma had not seen.
She sat there looking at them and pointed, telling me things she knew about each person.

In the photo below on the computer, my sister is drinking a latte, saying they are the best ever in Seattle! Grandma read that and laughed! She said "I don't think so! She must not have ever tasted OUR iced Lattes!"
But honestly, she was so distracted by the advertisements on the internet next to the pictures we were looking at on facebook. She kept reading the Ads aloud and asking me about them. Here she is pointing at one of them below, saying to me, "you want to be a nurse?! They're offering $500 to simply apply to their program! They have a shortage it says!" Some of the ads had pictures of people and she would point to them and ask who they were. I would have to keep telling her "that's an ad, we don't know them" or "that's not Ali's kitchen, that's an ad to remodel kitchens."

Then here she is learning to scroll on my mac. She was laughing the whole time. The arrow just would not go where she wanted it to!

AND LASTLY FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE...we took funny photos together on my computer! SHE LOVED IT! And it was the hardest i've heard her laugh in a long time!:








trying to figure out the "paradise" background:


ok, sipping our Latte's at the beach:



After all that fun, I vacuumed the living room, pet the cat, and that was that for my 2nd Thursday with grandma! She was a little sentimental when i left and I think I finally got it sunk into her that I would be there every Thursday morning. She had thought I was just visiting and was expecting one of the other girls to come check on her still. But NOPE!
It's me grandma! Every Thursday from now on! Better be prepared!
7 comments:
Laynee and Mom,
What fun! I wish I was there with you both. The lattes look pretty good! And, the funny faces! It's great to see you laughing mom! Happy Birthday Alayna! Hope your day tomorrow is filled with blessings. You've sure blessed me today!
This is awesome. Love the pics and the comments.
Oh my gosh! You are hilarious. I love the funny pics of you two. Happy birthday Laynee! I think grandma is having a wonderful time with you. Hi Baba! You look great. I hope to come out sometime and have one of those iced lattes with you! I love this blog.
Hey Alayna and Baba!
This is awesome! The two of you look like you're having so much fun!. Thursdays must be the highlight of your week.
So, are you all hooked up to the web while you're together? If so, maybe we can have a Skype videoconference!
I look forward to reading this Thursday's update.
Happy birthday, Alayna!
Love,
Noah
I laughed so hard, I cried! Still sniffling a little... wishing I had done this with my dad. Thank you so much for sharing.... DON'T STOP!
Happy Belated B-day to you too...♡
Oh, I forgot to add... one day, when Dad was living with us, he came out and asked me where I kept the ear brushes. After much consternation (mostly on his part), I finally figured out he meant Q-tips!! Memories ➩ I love you Martha!
Noah- yes! that would be great! I'll email you!
Heather- I'm so glad you love this! It's those little things that are most memorable, right?! Keep sharing too!
Post a Comment