
She loves it!

I told her we were hitting the town to get breakfast..and where else would that be but..FARMER BOYS! Here is her getting her cute little bootie socks on and Queenie is telling Tinkerbell a secret, probably something like, "ok, now when she's gone, I get the bed!"

Me waiting for her while she gets a jacket from her room:

"Where do you guys think you're going, huh?":

Ope, this was on the table..looks like she's been studying!:

It was super bright while we were driving, so I offered her an extra pair of sunglasses I had. They were even missing a side arm..but they stayed in place. Here she is putting them on:

And they look good too! I might fix them for her!

Here's my sunglasses: flip-shades over my prescription glasses. I gotta see straight and don't want to squint:

Alright, straw time...


Got it this time!

While we were eating I do have to admit I felt a bit sad by a few of her comments. One was, "I bet you wish I wasn't here with you, so you could be here with your boyfriend or friends." I told her, "no, i don't. He is at work anyway, so i would actually be here by myself, and in that case I wouldn't be here at all and eating cereal at home. So, I am very happy to be here and here with you." And another being how what a "dumby" she thought she was now and that she use to be smart. Of course, I talked to her about it and tried to lift her self-esteem and spirit, but it still made me think about how fast life is and sunk my heart for a moment.

She ate it all...except for one slice of bacon...FOR QUEENIE! now I don't think I burned my bacon last time!
One for her, one for Queenie.

Just got home and happy! When she was first getting in the car she had her latte and said "does this car have any comb holders?" She meant cup-holders I'm sure; she was more forgettful this day I could tell. Also in the car, a piece of our conversation: she said, "what do you call Clarke (my boyfriend)?" I said, "I don't know, Clarkey, Clarko?" And a few minutes later, while referring to him she said "What time does Cook get off work?" New nicknames...i love it.

"Queenie...stop taking the bacon on the carpet or i'm gonna take it away from you baby!":
"No kitty, not for you.":

"Fine.":

Signing a card we were sending to cousin Emily...She wrote on the top part of the card first. To end her portion, she introduced my part saying something like "Alayna Albert will now be writing below." She asked me my last name because she said she forgot it. Once I told her, she said, "Oh, ya, you're still an Albert.":

And lastly, before I left she said, "Well, tell Cookie I said Hi!" Note to self: nickname #2 for Clarke! And they're only getting better!
Oh, and for fun, here's an old picture of my mom..ain't she pretty!
4 comments:
Well, Mz "Cookie's friend Alayna still Albert," I thoroughly enjoyed yet another edition of your blog, smiling through my tears.... your mom looks pretty good too. Believe it or not, I STILL have the darn Christmas letter to mail to her, new addy and all... sigh... I'll probably get it to her by NEXT Christmas....
Looking forward to the next chapter,
Heather xo
I actually like Cook, and Cookie for that matter! Pretty cute if you ask me. And yes, I too have my moments when I'm with my mom. Life is short, and I realize that now more than ever. You can't go back and retrieve time that's past. Thank you for shining your light in grandma's life. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. Please don't stop!
Luv u.
Oh, yes, your mom is VERY PRETTY! I love that picture!
queenie always gets a plate! she is the queen! they should make a dog high chair so she can sit at the table too!!
that's cool you are studying with her. i am sure it gives her something to do at home to help with boredom!
with you, i'm sure she doesn't miss me at all!
Post a Comment