Thursday, March 4th I brought a letter to grandma that came to my house for her. I didn't know what was in it either and was really excited to give it to her to open...it was going to be a surprise for both of us! Here she is right after I handed it to her and she is reading the addresses:

She decided she needed to get her envelope opener out to open it:

The letter was from her great-grandson, Joe Toly, son of Noah and Becky.

As you can see she started to get really excited while she was opening up the papers:

She looked at it for a minute and then right away pointed, and said, "oh, wow, that's me!" while joyfully laughing.



She took her time and looked over everything on there:


Here she is showing them off:


Below are close-ups of Joe's beautiful drawings:


Also, he put stickers on one side of the paper. The stickers were of states he thought grandma would like and she sure did! He chose her favorite states!

After finishing looking at the drawings, she went and got the picture of Joe with his brother and sister from off the fridge and made sure I remembered what their wonderful smiles looked like:



Thank you so much Joe for sending that very thoughtful and creative gift to grandma. She was absolutely thrilled to receive it. She loves you very, very much and and spoke of you often to me. You brightened her afternoon so much!
2 comments:
Thanks so much for this, Alayna. This means so much to Joe and us. I really appreciate your documenting this for him.
Hi Alayna, you don't know me, but I know your sister Alison and have enjoyed keeping up with her on her blog. A few months ago I started reading this blog and I fell in love with it instantly.
Your words and pictures have blessed me. I was in tears while reading your last few posts. You have shared in such a beautiful way what your grandmother meant to you and it's a reminder to me to be grateful for each day we have with those we love.
I am praying for you and your family. May you find peace and comfort in the midst of your loss.
Thank you again for sharing your experiences with Martha with us.
~Rose Starr
Post a Comment